d20 MUD Star Wars (Between 'A New Hope' and 'Empire Strikes Back' Era)
Status: Open for Play and in Ongoing Development
Opened: January 2012
Roleplay: Required for Maximum Exp Gains with Automated Exp and Other Rewards for Role Playing
Number of Classes: 5 Base Classes and 19 Prestige Classes
Number of Races: 44 Base and 18 Advanced
Crafting System: Yes, including allowance of custom descriptions with color
Force System: Force Adept base class with several force sensitive prestige classes available.
Space System: Level up as a pilot and dogfight with other ships, with 55 different ship types and 40 levels to obtain as a pilot.
Multiclassing: Yes, up to 3 classes per character + artisan class and + pilot class
Number of Levels: 40 levels divvied up among your 3 (or fewer) classes as you see fit.
Size of World: Currently being built, as of last posting, 5311 rooms.
Quests: Auto-quests, Story-based quests and occasional role play events and invasions
Equipment System: Crafted, Looted from 'boss' type mobs and random treasure generator from any mob loot, randomly generated lockbox or 'pilfer' command
Character Customization: semi-custom description system, 18 skills, 22 languages, over 600 different feats and class abilities in the game.
Character Templates: Pick from 10 different pre-made character builds while you learn the game system, or create a completely customized build with hundreds of customization options as you level up.
Respec System: Redo your character build at any time without losing any exp, credits, gear or other achievements.
Clans: Clan system for various affiliations and socialization plus a guild system for more generic affiliations which offers a variety of other stat bonuses.
- True d20 and SAGA System Rules
- Experience rewards for role playing, with an rp point system that unlocks bonuses for your character and which can be spent to purchase feats only obtainable through role play
- Mentor (level down) and apprentice (level up) systems allowing you to group with any level
- Account system with experience that can be spent to unlock races, classes, gear upgrades and more
- Optional pvp system that rewards you with experience and account experience whether you win or lose
- Ascii automap in room descriptions
- Crafting system allowing you to create your own gear with custom stats and descriptions
- Traditional, diku-style pulse based combat with general combat skills anyone can use and additional combat skills unlocked by taking certain feats.
- MSDP & MXP enabled code with simple Graphical Client plugins for both MUSHClient and MUDlet, both of which include a chat window. (Thanks to Balor & KaVir)
- Pet system allowing for mounts, pets and companions that can tank for you and offer additional attacks each round.
- Multiclassing system
- Menu based levelling process
- d20 feat, skill and spell/force power systems
- Mission system awarding exp, credits and reputation points
- Coded quests, some of which offer unique storylines
- Guild system offering additional benefits based on your guild and guild level
- Clans with clan ranks, banks, clan channel, and clan lists showing online and all members ordered by rank.
- 6 base classes, force adept, scout, scoundrel, squad leader, soldier & trader (try saying that 5 times fast!)
- A large variety of base races and several advanced races purchasable with account experience (and more to come)
- Several prestige classes including jedi knight, sith apprentice, grey jedi, jedi striker, jedi master, sith lord, sith assassin, rifleman, carbineer, gunslinger, bounty hunter, teras kasi master, commando and weapon master.
- Taxi system for travel between zones (planets are too big for roads-only in our minds)
- Shuttle system for travel between planets.
- Space system with purchaseable and upgradeable star ships, travel between systems and PvE space combat.
- A wide variety of force powers, medical abilities and technical abilities for those with force training, medical training or technical training feats
- Several planets with thousands of rooms in zones, none of which are long, boring roads, including Coruscant, Korriban, Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Dantooine, Czerka Space Station, Quesh, Mandalore, and Tython.
- PVP hour with double PvP bonuses, RP Hour with double rp bonuses and Faction Hour, with free pvp (outside a cantina), factional bonuses for pvp kills and role play, and double pvp and rp bonuses. Every hour is one of these three!
- PvE Hour randomly assigned doubling or tripling PvE experience gains.
We have a laid back admin policy, in that we work to resolve issues, instead of coming down hard when people break the rules. Player enjoyment and retention are important to us above everything else. The rules exist to serve the game and the players, not vice versa.